Corsight AI Partners with Anekanta®AI and Advent IM to Enable Facial Recognition Full Compliance through FaceComply
FaceComply unites expertise in AI, governance, risk management, data protection, and cybersecurity to provide comprehensive support and tailored guidance to organizations in the safe implementation of facial recognition technology
New York, Sep. 5th, 2023 – The integration of facial recognition technology into various sectors has presented both remarkable opportunities and significant challenges, particularly in the realms of legality, compliance, and ethical implementation. Responding to these complex issues, three industry leaders have united to introduce FaceComply, an initiative aimed at reshaping the landscape of facial recognition compliance and responsible adoption.
With a collective vision to redefine the ethical implementation of facial recognition technology, Corsight AI, Anekanta® AI, and Advent IM have brought FaceComply to the forefront. This expert service combines the profound expertise of these organizations in AI technology, risk management, data protection, and cybersecurity.
Tony Porter, Chief Privacy Officer of Corsight AI and former UK Surveillance Camera Commissioner, emphasized the importance of prioritizing privacy while embracing technology: “The capabilities of facial recognition technology are vast, but they must always be wielded responsibly. FaceComply symbolizes our commitment to providing organizations with a privacy-centric approach, navigating compliance intricacies while simultaneously driving technological advancements. FaceComply clients will benefit from a range of comprehensive services, including Streamlined Compliance, which eliminates the complexities of compliance by proactively staying ahead of privacy laws and regulations. This ensures effortless adherence to stringent requirements such as the EU General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) and emerging international laws”. Porter added: “Moreover, our seasoned experts offer a Privacy Focus, providing clients with expert guidance to navigate the intricate landscape of facial recognition technology and privacy regulations. This empowers informed decision-making and sound practices.”
Pauline Norstrom, security industry technology leader and international board director for over 20 years, CEO of Anekanta® AI and Anekanta® Consulting, which specialize in providing AI research, impact, risk and governance software and services to global clients, shared her perspective on FaceComply’s significance: “The path toward responsible technological progress requires a comprehensive understanding of potential impacts and risks. FaceComply represents a milestone in our commitment to equip organizations with the knowledge and tools they need to adopt facial recognition technology in an operationalised ethical manner in their specific industry and geography. FaceComply provides tailored advice encompassing risk assessment, impact evaluation, and relevant legislation analysis. Our Anekanta® AI software solution automates the contextual examination of facial recognition regulations in the operating territory and industry, and recommends best practices, risk mitigations and trustworthy principles aligned with the specifics of the use case”
Mike Gillespie, Founder and Thought Leader of Advent IM, a leader in Cyber Security and Data Protection Consultancy, underlined the power of collective action: “FaceComply exemplifies the industry’s unity and shared vision for the future. Our ultimate goal is to create an environment that fosters innovation while maintaining a strong focus on compliance. Together, we are reshaping the very definition of ethical implementation.The service includes Proactive Risk Management, enabling the identification and mitigation of risks in real time, preemptively addressing potential privacy breaches to safeguard organizations from reputational harm and regulatory risks.”
The collaboration embodies a pivotal moment in the industry, as it shifts towards balancing innovation with ethical considerations. As FaceComply gains momentum, it signifies a transformation in how organizations approach the integration of facial recognition technology. It offers not only a solution to compliance complexities but also serves as a testament to the industry’s commitment to creating a future where innovation aligns seamlessly with ethical and legal frameworks.
FaceComply is a pioneering initiative brought to fruition by Corsight AI, Anekanta® AI, and Advent IM. With a focus on ethical and compliant implementation of facial recognition technology, FaceComply unites expertise in AI, risk management, data protection, and cybersecurity to provide comprehensive support and guidance to organizations. Learn more at: www.FaceComply.com
Explore new and insights
- Deploy AI facial recognition software safelyAnekanta® AI have developed a number of independent, vendor agnostic AI governance frameworks expertly designed to assess the safety of high-risk AI and the impact on stakeholders. Our Facial Recogniton Privacy Impact Risk Assessment System™ contains a small sub-set of our wider capability. Find out more.
- Anekanta®AI: Comply with the EU AI ActOne of the key requirements of the EU AI Act is that organizations must assess the risks posed by their AI systems before deploying them. Anekanta®AI can help developer and user organizations to comply with the Act by providing systematic and comprehensive assessments of risk.
- Anekanta®AI featured in UK Government AI Assurance PortfolioThe Anekanta® AI, AI Risk Intelligence System™ for biometric and high-risk AI supports organisations to build consistency into their governance processes. The system leads to the creation of a new comparable data set about the AI, which can be analysed to reach conclusions about the impact and risks associated with using certain types of software.
- FaceComply: A partnership between Corsight AI, Anekanta®AI, Advent IMCorsight AI Partners with Anekanta®AI and Advent IM to Enable Facial Recognition Full Compliance through FaceComply. Uniting expertise in AI, governance, risk management, data protection, and cybersecurity, to ensure safe implementation of facial recognition technology
- Sector focus: AI in security, opportunity or threat? Evolving impacts and risks.Earlier this year, Anekanta®Consulting founder was a guest speaker at Security Buyer Live 2023 explaining the principles of AI, and the considerations which lead to prohibitions and additional measures when using AI in the EU.