The Anekanta® brand leads AI developers and users directly to an ethical and legal route forward.
Although AI based technologies have existed for some time, their use remained niche. AI was rarely successful and cost effective unless deployed in tightly controlled environments, and founded on “clean” human labelled, structured data.
Legal and ethical risks were not imagined, there was no case law through which new precedents could be set, no evidence of harm, little understanding of how to built trust or to contain AI technology. No concept of governance and accountability.
Evolving ethical and legal frameworks
General purpose technologies have evolved and matured to the extent that they now catalyse AI development. The lack of legal frameworks, different trust principles and missing global standards have conspired to create an environment conducive to innovation. However, no-one predicted the rapid advances generative AI would make in such a short time. Governance and accountability systems are yet to catch up, yet every day more harms are caused without any consequences to speak of and no right to redress.
We have been developing our AI risk products over the last few years to focus on trust and ethics, legality, privacy, bias, security and explainability. We have been successfully predicting the direction of travel of legislation and trust for some time. The long development cycles of our customer base demand a degree of certainty. We provide informed opinions which, despite the uncertainties, underpin decisions.
Our AI risk products sit under our Anekanta® AI brand, and research and advisory under Anekanta® Consulting.
Anekanta® AI offers a range of impact and risk services, but these are evolving and as the legislation and trust frameworks emerge, we will move with the advances keeping you up to date and aligned with the latest thinking and crucially, within ethical principles and the law.
AI Impact, Risk, Governance, and Assurance
The high-risk AI market is evolving and we have responded to our customer’s needs by developing our services towards de-risking AI and data sources.
We provide ethical evaluations of the plan considering privacy and security by design, and reputational and societal impact using our in-house developed knowledge base and automated impact and risk assessment tools.
Our full service moves towards AI assurance and compliance as the legislative, regulatory and standards landscapes settle in the regions in which we operate (UK, USA, EU, APAC).
Custom Developed Solutions
Building on the principles of trustworthy AI, we create the requirements, functional specifications, proof of concept and full stack development to support in-house AI endeavours.
We integrate AI technologies in an innovative way to deliver custom solutions for defence, security, CNI, smart cities, smart buildings, retail and manufacturing.
Our solutions are risk assessed, ethically evaluated, de-risked and, privacy and security by design.
We would love to hear from you:
Call us on +44 020 3923 0230
Fill out our contact form
This is an evolving area. We urge you to subscribe to our updates by email to stay in touch, or follow us on LinkedIn
Explore our latest insights
- Deploy AI facial recognition software safelyAnekanta® AI have developed a number of independent, vendor agnostic AI governance frameworks expertly designed to assess the safety of high-risk AI and the impact on stakeholders. Our Facial Recogniton Privacy Impact Risk Assessment System™ contains a small sub-set of our wider capability. Find out more.
- Anekanta®AI: Comply with the EU AI ActOne of the key requirements of the EU AI Act is that organizations must assess the risks posed by their AI systems before deploying them. Anekanta®AI can help developer and user organizations to comply with the Act by providing systematic and comprehensive assessments of risk.
- Anekanta®AI featured in UK Government AI Assurance PortfolioThe Anekanta® AI, AI Risk Intelligence System™ for biometric and high-risk AI supports organisations to build consistency into their governance processes. The system leads to the creation of a new comparable data set about the AI, which can be analysed to reach conclusions about the impact and risks associated with using certain types of software.
- FaceComply: A partnership between Corsight AI, Anekanta®AI, Advent IMCorsight AI Partners with Anekanta®AI and Advent IM to Enable Facial Recognition Full Compliance through FaceComply. Uniting expertise in AI, governance, risk management, data protection, and cybersecurity, to ensure safe implementation of facial recognition technology
- Sector focus: AI in security, opportunity or threat? Evolving impacts and risks.Earlier this year, Anekanta®Consulting founder was a guest speaker at Security Buyer Live 2023 explaining the principles of AI, and the considerations which lead to prohibitions and additional measures when using AI in the EU.