The evolving risks and impacts when using AI technology in security and beyond
Earlier this year, Anekanta®Consulting founder Pauline Norstrom was invited as a guest speaker at the spring Security Buyer Live 2023 event. Here we share her presentation with the kind permission of the international security publication Security Buyer. We look forward to seeing further content from her in the October 2023 event.
Delivering an insightful talk designed for an audience who may be exploring the potential of AI to improve their effectiveness specifically within the $50 billion (+) security and smart building/city market, Pauline touched on a number of topics applicable to a range of high-risk AI technologies. She explains the principles which underpin AI, the use cases, and the ethical and legal considerations which lead to prohibitions and additional measures for organisations using AI in the EU and which may be subject to the EU AI Act.
Anekanta® Consulting specialise in researching the highest risk, most difficult AI considerations affecting technology decisions, and sister brand Anekanta®AI provides impact and risk assessments which offer a position with regard to ethical and legal mitigations including the requirements of the EU AI Act.
We would love to hear from you:
Call us on +44 020 3923 0230
Fill out our contact form
Explore our latest news and insights
- Deploy AI facial recognition software safelyAnekanta® AI have developed a number of independent, vendor agnostic AI governance frameworks expertly designed to assess the safety of high-risk AI and the impact on stakeholders. Our Facial Recogniton Privacy Impact Risk Assessment System™ contains a small sub-set of our wider capability. Find out more.
- Anekanta®AI: Comply with the EU AI ActOne of the key requirements of the EU AI Act is that organizations must assess the risks posed by their AI systems before deploying them. Anekanta®AI can help developer and user organizations to comply with the Act by providing systematic and comprehensive assessments of risk.
- Anekanta®AI featured in UK Government AI Assurance PortfolioThe Anekanta® AI, AI Risk Intelligence System™ for biometric and high-risk AI supports organisations to build consistency into their governance processes. The system leads to the creation of a new comparable data set about the AI, which can be analysed to reach conclusions about the impact and risks associated with using certain types of software.
- FaceComply: A partnership between Corsight AI, Anekanta®AI, Advent IMCorsight AI Partners with Anekanta®AI and Advent IM to Enable Facial Recognition Full Compliance through FaceComply. Uniting expertise in AI, governance, risk management, data protection, and cybersecurity, to ensure safe implementation of facial recognition technology
- Sector focus: AI in security, opportunity or threat? Evolving impacts and risks.Earlier this year, Anekanta®Consulting founder was a guest speaker at Security Buyer Live 2023 explaining the principles of AI, and the considerations which lead to prohibitions and additional measures when using AI in the EU.