The EU AI Act is a landmark piece of legislation that will regulate the development and use of artificial intelligence in the European Union. The Act is designed to ensure that AI is used safely, ethically, and in a way that respects fundamental rights.
One of the key requirements of the EU AI Act is that organizations must assess the risks posed by their AI systems before deploying them. This assessment must cover a wide range of factors, including the potential impact of the AI system on human safety, fundamental rights, and the environment.
Anekanta®AI’s AI Risk Intelligence System™ can help organizations to comply with the EU AI Act by providing them with a systematic and comprehensive way to assess the risks posed by their AI systems. The system challenges developers and users to consider a range of detailed questions about their AI systems, including the following:
- What is the purpose of the AI system?
- What data does the AI system use?
- How does the AI system make decisions?
- What are the potential outputs of the AI system?
- What are the potential impacts of the AI system on people and society?
Once complete, Anekanta®AI’s AI Risk Intelligence System™ generates a detailed report that identifies and assesses the risks posed by the AI system. The report also includes recommendations for mitigating these risks.
Anekanta®AI’s AI Risk Intelligence System™ can help organizations to comply with the EU AI Act in a number of ways:
- It helps organizations to identify and assess the risks posed by their AI systems.
- It provides organizations with a systematic and comprehensive approach to risk assessment.
- It helps organizations to develop and implement risk mitigation strategies.
- Alongside CE marking and conformity requirements, it provides organizations with evidence of their compliance with the EU AI Act.
In addition to helping organizations to comply with the EU AI Act, Anekanta®AI’s AI Risk Intelligence System™ can also help organizations to:
- Improve the safety and reliability of their AI systems.
- Build trust with their customers and stakeholders.
- Avoid reputational damage.
If you are developing or using AI systems, Anekanta®AI’s AI Risk Intelligence System™ can help you to ensure that your AI systems are used in a safe, ethical, and responsible manner.
It is time to act
The EU AI Act is a complex instrument which sets out a comprehensive range of requirements which are not limited to risk assessments and CE marking. Anekanta®AI provides a full range of services which will assist your organization in achieving compliance and ongoing risk management. If you are developing/providing or using AI systems in Europe you need to act soon. The EU AI Act is likely to be enacted early 2024 with the grace period for prohibited and high-risk AI systems just 12 months after that.
We would love to hear from you:
Call us on +44 020 3923 0230
Fill out our contact form
Explore our latest insights
- Deploy AI facial recognition software safelyAnekanta® AI have developed a number of independent, vendor agnostic AI governance frameworks expertly designed to assess the safety of high-risk AI and the impact on stakeholders. Our Facial Recogniton Privacy Impact Risk Assessment System™ contains a small sub-set of our wider capability. Find out more.
- Anekanta®AI: Comply with the EU AI ActOne of the key requirements of the EU AI Act is that organizations must assess the risks posed by their AI systems before deploying them. Anekanta®AI can help developer and user organizations to comply with the Act by providing systematic and comprehensive assessments of risk.
- Anekanta®AI featured in UK Government AI Assurance PortfolioThe Anekanta® AI, AI Risk Intelligence System™ for biometric and high-risk AI supports organisations to build consistency into their governance processes. The system leads to the creation of a new comparable data set about the AI, which can be analysed to reach conclusions about the impact and risks associated with using certain types of software.
- FaceComply: A partnership between Corsight AI, Anekanta®AI, Advent IMCorsight AI Partners with Anekanta®AI and Advent IM to Enable Facial Recognition Full Compliance through FaceComply. Uniting expertise in AI, governance, risk management, data protection, and cybersecurity, to ensure safe implementation of facial recognition technology
- Sector focus: AI in security, opportunity or threat? Evolving impacts and risks.Earlier this year, Anekanta®Consulting founder was a guest speaker at Security Buyer Live 2023 explaining the principles of AI, and the considerations which lead to prohibitions and additional measures when using AI in the EU.